List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp
From:       Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-14 6:17:46

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Daniel Hauck wrote:

> That's okay, the GiMP will get by without you.  But you're right about many
> things.  Among these is that it is written, maintained and directed by tech
> people with the notion that they are taking on the big boys and that they
> have a "professional workflow" in mind as they continue to develop. One
> problem, though, as they have demonstrated time and time again, GiMP does
> not take complaints or suggestions.

Daniel,

I find it symptomatic that you need to go all the way to outright
denial to prove your point.

Should your statement be taken seriously, you'd have to be able to
explain, how it is possible that

1) we don't take complaints, but regularly fix bugs (bug reports _are_
complaints) and adjust features;
2) we don't take suggestions, but regularly add features requested by users.

Of course, we can have another session of you facing the facts and
denying them, or you can agree that we do listen to feedback and act
on it where we find it appropriate.

Alternatively, you could improve your life quality by order of
magnitude by stopping to use GIMP and leaving the community, because
it looks like you are not happy, and no amount of feedback going back
and forth appears to help.

Alexandre