List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] How can I "Autumnize" this image of leaf that still has some green color to it?
From:       Maarten De Munck <mdemunck () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-31 7:39:52

A quick and easy method: use curves and modify only the green channel.
See attachment. I don't change the highlights te preserve the background
and because the leaf itself is darker.

Best regards,

Maarten

thegimpestgimp.9a@neverbox.com schreef op vr 31-08-2012 om 13:50
[+0800]:
> Hello,
> We'd like to "Autumnize" the picture of a leaf that still has some
> green/life to it.  Leaf is located http://i.imgur.com/X9po8.jpg
>

> We want to make the leaf take on the color of a bit more autumn: the
> green parts turning red. How can we do this without making the picture
> seem to "photoshopped" or too reddish?
>

>  I've tried playing with the various options in the Color dropdown
> (Colour Balance, Hue Saturation, Colourize, Brightness-Contrast,
> Threshold, Levels, Curves), but I can't seem to do it.
>
> Thank you.

["autumn-simple.jpg" (image/jpeg)]