List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] Help
From:       Noel Stoutenburg <mjolnir () ticnet ! com>
Date:       2011-12-31 20:27:55

Alina Laue wrote:

> Kind regards from Alina, - from Denmark

Alina,

One of the areas of law where there is least conformity between
jurisdictions is in the area if intellectual property, which includes
copyright. The answers to your post seem to be mostly from the US, and
in my experience may be significantly not in conformity with the
intellectual property laws of the EU. I would caution you to get
competent legal advice in your own jurisdiction, or in the jurisdiction
in which you propose to engage in commercial activity.

An example of the difference: in the US, a typeface cannot be
copyrighted; in the EU it can. OTH, in the US, a digital representation
of a typeface has been held to be a computer program, and thus eligible
for copyright protection.

ns