List:       gimp-user
Subject:    [Gimp-user] XMP data save problem
From:       Mike Morris <twriterext () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-16 21:33:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have GIMP 2.6.11 installed on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP2 computer.  i5 2.3
GHz processor, 8 GB RAM.

I have a number of JPG images stored on this computer that have IPTC data.
I can view that data using IrfanView 4.28 or Adobe Bridge CS3.

If I open one of those JPG images in GIMP and modify it (e.g., apply Curves
and/or Scale) and then save as a JPG, even with the Save XMP Data option
selected, the XMP data is not saved.  Note that I also have the EXIF data
option selected and that data IS saved.

Have I missed something?  Can anyone help?