List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp's rendering speeds
From:       Sven Neumann <sven () gimp ! org>
Date:       2011-02-03 22:28:47

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 15:32 +0200, Jeremy Nell wrote:

> Speaking of which, I am using an i7 PC with 3 gigs of RAM allocated to
> Gimp alone, so I'm not sure how to make Gimp's response time any quicker.

What exactly do you mean when you say that you allocated 3 gigs of RAM
to GIMP? Did you increase the tile-cache size in GIMP to 3 GB or do you
just have 3 GB of RAM that GIMP could use if you allowed it to do that
(by increasing the tile-cache size appropriately)?

Just asking to make sure that there isn't a misunderstanding...

Sven