List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp w32 unstable releases (2.7) > (was:Logo
From:       "Alchemie foto\\grafiche" <fotocomics () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2009-02-24 18:28:07

 Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:18:36 -0500  Alec Burgess <buralex@gmail.com>
wrote

> The release I got was: gimp-2.7.0-r28042-i686-setup.exe
> from (I think):
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=121075&package_id=240554
>
> That file now longer is available there - it still shows up
> in the
> Google cache:
> http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:EhGRmoW3i74J:sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p \
> hp%3Fgroup_id%3D121075%26package_id%3D240554+gimp-2.7.0-r28042-i686-setup&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2
>
> The current version of that page now shows:  GIMP 2.7.0
> (SVN rev.28070)
> + GTK+ 2.14.7
> no setup.exe files, just three babl, gegl and gimp tar.lzma
> files which
> I assume (?) are source files.
>
> Am I looking in the correct place but just jumping the gun
> because you
> haven't yet created the expected setup.exe file?
> Is an RSS-feed watch on that page the correct way to find
> out when you
> have created a new win32 build?
>
> --
> Regards ... Alec   (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess -
> alec.m.burgess@skype)

The "expected exe file "was created and uploaded, i am absolutely sure since i \
downloaded and installed few days ago

If is not anymore there,(i didn't check i trust your words ) i suppose is because \
show evident problems

obviously dev. releases may be unstable and a bit buggy, but in this case, instead \
then the improvement of the text tool described in "what is new" was possible only \
experiment crash each time the text tool was used, and connected crashes for each of \
the logos script.

Seems to me a good reason to remove and then hopefully replace the file
.

I reported the problem on the developer list not to hassle the developers but only \
because i thought the problems of that build were critical and not yet noticed.

I have no idea why the topic was moved on this list, if you want try the last SVN i \
suggest to build it in linux that is not to hard, compiling for win is far more \
complex, and seems evident that in that build something went wrong...so if was \
removed may be for good reasons.

Then if you really want that exe  should be not hard (i.e. with Internet Archives or \
maybe even using google or yahoo cache) get a copy.

Obviously at your risk, i noticed other  problems (just 1 example,

after cropping the cropped part is still displayed and remain visible even if is no \
more part of the image and so not editable...)

 but i thought was not the case to report them since they may be limited  to a \
peculiar, experimental and unlucky Windows build

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail.yahoo.com/