List:       gimp-user
Subject:    [Gimp-user] DICOM hicckup?
From:       John Coppens <john () jcoppens ! com>
Date:       2008-04-25 18:26:09

Hi people.

I was processing a pile of images for my classes, and by error copied a
text file info a .PNG. Of course GIMP refused to open it, as expected,
but, after replacing the image with the real image, GIMP still refuses to
open the image with the message:

xyz.png is not a DICOM file.

(also after a ctl-click).

Not only this, but GIMP also refuses to open other PNG files, which I had
previously opened successfully.

It seems that GIMP:
- Autoidentified the text file as DICOM,
- After identifying a DICOM, refuses to recheck anything else.

I had to restart GIMP.

GIMP is 2.4.4 ('home-compiled')

John