List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] Creating Youtube slideshow using Gimp
From:       Scott <scotbicknel () cox ! net>
Date:       2008-04-24 21:14:58

On Thursday 24 April 2008 1:39:34 pm John Culleton wrote:
> I am just getting started on this. I know that Gimp can create
> individual jpegs to be combined using other software into an
> animated slideshow. But does it offer assistance beyond that?
> Any of you who have traveled this road please chime in.

Don't know specifically about Youtube and what they require for
formatting of uploads, but there is animation software for the
Gimp (Gimp Animation Package) and several tutorials for it at
the Gimp Talk Forum. The one I wrote is at
http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Gap-For-Animated-Gif-9937-1.html,
if you don't mind following along with a guided tutorial.

Others may have better suggestions for something
Youtube-specific.
--
Scott
Linux user #: 246504