List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] Re: verkettete ebenen =?utf-8?q?zusammenf=C3=BCgen?=,
From:       "Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" <gwidion () mpc ! com ! br>
Date:       2006-06-28 3:09:25

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 06:10 am, Olivier Ripoll wrote:
>  .) how can i move a layer exactly on the horizontal or vertical
> axis? or
>
> > at a fixed angle, maybe at 45 °?
>
> You can use the arrow keys (pressing Shift moves 10 pixels at a
> time). Another way is to place a guide at one edge of the layer and
> using it to guide the movement (guide are "magnetic") of the layer.
> For horizontal and vertical movements only.

That is, unless your gimp can create and work with Free guides. Then
just place a guide at 45 degrees and snap the layer to it.

Oh dear...  I am afraid your gimp does not quite have support to free
guides. <evil grin />

> Best regards,
>
> Olivier

	JS
	-><-

PS. devvv, do not worry - sometimes one just can't let a chance for
some gimp jokes go away like this

PPS. To whoever is aware of what I am talking about, yes,I've just
tried snapping a layer to a guide at 45 °, and it works flawlessly.