List:       gimp-user
Subject:    [Gimp-user] Re: Stroke Paths - Taper option?
From:       Olivier Ripoll <durocortorum73-gmane () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2006-06-27 15:29:58

Ben Schreiner wrote:
> I'd like to be able to taper the size of the brush (up or down) as it strokes
> along a path with a stroke line or possibly even a paint tool.
>
> I assume this would at least need a script to achieve.
>
> Is there any way for this to be done easily, or should I be looking at
> commissioning a script and/or development on the path tool.
>
> I much prefer working with vectors than with rasters in general, but Inkscape
> doesn't seem to support this either.
>
> TIA
>
> Ben Schreiner

The only idea I can come with is to use a animated brush (image pipe)
having lots of brushes from 1 pixel to the maximum size you want. Then,
stroking using the paintbrush tool would be close to what you want.

The parametric brushes could be a nice tool for that too, if I could
find any documentation on how to generate them ;)

Best regards,

Olivier