List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] Suggestion for the Scalpel tool
From:       creafab () free ! fr
Date:       2005-08-09 16:41:13

Selon Sven Neumann <sven@gimp.org>:

> Hi,
>
> creafab@free.fr writes:
>
> > Indeed, these two solutions work, and I used to do it that way in
> > Paint Shop Pro. But they require two tools to get a proportionnal
> > 3/2 (10 x 15 cm) or 4/3 (11 x 15 cm), which is less intuitive and
> > slower. I happen to teach to seniors, and using "rectangular
> > selection" and "crop" tools just to crop an image may appear
> > illogical and too long. I think the lack of these options diminishes
> > the workflow too.
>
> Why don't you just add the missing functionality to the Crop tool
> then? Or at least spend the time to check the bug-tracker for this
> issue? That might make it apparent to you that we are well aware of
> this problem.
>

> Sven

Indeed, I had no time to look at the bug-tracker (Bug 156858)! Next time, I'll
do better ! My aswer didn't mean to be agressive, pity yours is to me.
I programmize sometimes (actually a small GPL educationnal program) when I have
to, but I'm certainly not good enough to work on The GIMP. I reported bugs in
Blender, and I try to help as much as I can. But, as I told before, I'll do
better next time... or keep what I want to tell for me.

Thanks.

Fabien3D

CREAFab, la création numérique autrement...
http://creafab.free.fr