List:       gimp-user
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-user] Changing colors
From:       Dave Neary <dneary () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-01-22 14:06:05

Hi,

Johannes Reese wrote:
> How can one change colors in a picture. I have found only a command to change
> color to transparency?

There are lots and lots of ways.

Some of them are:

1) Select by colour, then fill the selection with the desired colour
2) Select by colour, and then map to a gradient with the desired colours
(this might give a smoother result with the right gradient)
3) In indexed mode, edit the desired colour in the indexed palette dock
4) Paint :)
5) Rotate the colourmap
6) Swap 2 colours, or intervals of colours

Many of these are found in <Image>->Filters->Color->Map.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary