List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] uncalibrated colors for Epson Photo 870 w/ cups and gimp-print 4.1.7
From:       Roy Katz <katz () Glue ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2001-06-17 4:32:51

Hello,

I was wondering if the STP driver (or *any* driver rather) for the Epson
Photo 870 is color-calibrated to work with gimpprint.  When I hit
'file->print', the preview thumbnail doesn't look anything like the
original image (e.g., it looks washed-out) and the printed image
looks /nothing/ like the preview, either.  I set gimp-print to
use GS (and after seeing this, I just set it to Epson Stylus Photo
870) with premium glossy paper, 720x720 Highest Quality, 6-color mode
(I'm printing out GIMP artwork).

Anyone have any ideas?

I believe Robert Krawitz told me that one of the 870 drivers was
uncalibrated.  Well, Which 870 driver *is*? For right now the only thing
that prints colors correctly is Win2k/Photoshop.

Thanks,

Roey.