List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] RFC: hacks to get the SureLab D700 working
From:       Solomon Peachy <pizza () shaftnet ! org>
Date:       2021-08-11 2:21:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 08:30:52PM -0400, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> That's what I would do here.

Ok, it's done and pushed, including a blurb in the esc/p2 documentation
about that ESC(g command.

All that now remains for D700 support are the WIP XML files.

Do you see any value in committing the current state of affairs or
should I hold off until after things are tuned somewhat better?

> Don't do that without doing a full before/after comparison with every
> printer via make checksums in src/testpattern.  It generates this
> radically compressed output (sometimes it needs less than bits per
> test case!) that can be compared via compare-checksums.  I don't
> remember why I had to special case 720x360, but there was some old
> printer that needed this.

I'd expect it to cause changes in output for many other models, so I
didn't even consider doing that -- but what I could do is special-case
the special-case so it only kicks in if it's not a roll-only model?

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)