List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Printer driver for Mac OS 10.15.7
From:       Matt Broughton <walterwego () macosx ! com>
Date:       2020-11-09 1:45:15

> On Nov 8, 2020, at 6:09 PM, Robert Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> On 11/8/20 2:09 PM, Stacey Wyant wrote:
> > Dear Print Driver Developers
> >
> > Thank you for your work on updating all the drivers for the various printers out \
> > there and most especially, for the one for my old Xerox Phaser 7750. Your driver \
> > has worked well over the years since Xerox discontinued driver development for \
> > the dinosaurs and I see you have been hard at trying to make a compatible driver \
> > for Mac OS 10.15.7. Is there any way I can be automatically kept in the loop \
> > about any further developments in this area? My old printer still runs like new \
> > but, I am missing the ability to access some previously accessible features.
> >
> > Again, thank you for everything you do and cheers to al your staff!
>
> Hi Stacey,
>
> That printer should function with generic PostScript drivers in addition to the \
> Gutenprint PCL driver.  What functionality is not working?

There are PostScript drivers for your printer on the OpenPrinting site.  These were \
provided by Xerox and there is no other software needed.  Here are the links to the \
printer pages where you download the PPDs.

https://openprinting.org/printer/Xerox/Xerox-Phaser_7750DN
https://openprinting.org/printer/Xerox/Xerox-Phaser_7750B
https://openprinting.org/printer/Xerox/Xerox-Phaser_7750DXF
https://openprinting.org/printer/Xerox/Xerox-Phaser_7750GX