List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] [Epson SC-P600 driver]
From:       Robert Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2019-06-05 12:16:25

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 12:08:56 +0900, =?UTF-8?B?7KCV6rWs7JWI?= wrote:
> Dear Gutenprint Developer,
>
> Hello, This is Guan Jeong from Korea.
> I'm trying to install Epson SC-P600 Driver on Linux on Ubuntu 16.04 using
> Gutenprint.
>
> First, I installed Gutneprint 5.2.11 and R3000 driver instead of P600 driver
> using localhost:631.
> I can print test page or normal file using 'lp -d <printername><file>
> command.
> Could you tell me the reason why it is work?

Because they're functionally the same printer.  They're actually using
exactly the same driver.

> Second, I tried to SC-P600 driver using Gutenprint 5.2.14 but It installed
> v5.2.11
> I attached a photo(Photo.JPG).
> After that, I can't print file because of PPD version compatible error.
> I attached a photo(Photo1.JPG). Even though I delete 5.2.11 version...

How did you install 5.2.14?

I'm suspecting you did so from source, but did not have the CUPS
development packages installed, so when you built Gutenprint, it did
not include support for CUPS.

When you run configure, it does some checks and then eventually prints
a message like

  Release: gutenprint 5.3.1 generated on 21 Sep 2018

  Features:
    Build CUPS:                                 yes, installing in /usr
	Build CUPS 1.2 enhancements:            yes
	Build CUPS PPD files:                   no
	Generate PS level 3 CUPS PPD files:     yes
	Build genppd statically:                yes
	Build CUPS dyesub USB backend:          yes

If it does not print "Build CUPS", then you don't have the CUPS

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton