List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] New printer on old OSX
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-01-22 23:33:24

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 6:04 AM Gert <gert@tamtamafrikan.be> wrote:

> Hello
>
> My father bought himself a new printer and forgot to look for compatibility…
> And it is not.
>
> Now i tried to connect via airprint but i stil need a driver that i can not install \
> from the manifacturer because of the old OSX witch is not be able to update because \
> of an old machine.

Hello Gert,

> In detail:
> Printer: Canon TS5150
> OSX 10,6,8
>
> I tried the driver for "TS5000 series" from your Gutenprint 5,2,14. but that did \
> not print anything.

There is currently no driver for the TS5100,using the TS5000 was a
good try, but just confirms the printers are too different for that to
work. Incidentally, the TS5000 support is also experimental.
I have plans to add support for newer printers sometime this quarter
still, but no timeline for you yet.
However, regarding MacOSX, building code on that OS is a PITA, so you
would likely have to wait for an official pre-release of the relevant
version. Sorry, but please wait max ~2 months for me to add support.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug