List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Supported?
From:       Robert Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2018-10-31 0:03:01

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 21:59:53 +0100, Celestine Nicolas via Gimp-print-devel wrote:
> Am I to understand that Epson XP-540 printer-scanner in no way will be supported by \
> gimp-print 4.2 or Gutenprint even with a simple usb cable and forget the other \
> possibilities like Bluetooth and Network connection?

It is possible that this printer will work with the XP-15000 driver in
5 color mode with Gutenprint 5.3.1.  If that works (or if I can get my
hands on the printer), it can be supported easily.

The issue of Bluetooth or network vs. USB is outside of the scope of
Gutenprint per se, but if you can specify what OS you're using,
perhaps someone here can assist.

> If so there is a serious gap in communication between companies selling, advising \
> and supporting printers! We (the public) are erroneously led to believe it's \
> simple.

Gutenprint is independent of Epson, and Epson is not responsible for
any issue you have with Gutenprint.  That's our responsibility.
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton