List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Errors building gutenprint-5.2.14-pre3
From:       Robert Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2018-03-27 12:07:23

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 15:22:47 +0200, Jan Ortgies wrote:
> I have encountered problems building the latest 5.2.14-pre3 release.
> Building the PPD's results in an 'assertion failed' error.
>
> There seem to be two problems:
>
> 1. The Sourceforge tarball is missing the escp2 model xml 130 (cloning
> the 5.2 git branch does not have this issue)
>
> 2. model_130.xml for the SC-P800 is not referenced in
> src/xml/escp2/model/Makefile.am (at least in the 5.2 branch)

They're actually one and the same problem.  The problem is that the
tests that we run on 5.2 are run against the source tree, not the
tarball.

This is fixed in the test infrastructure in 5.3 (parts of the tests --
sufficient to cover this and similar issues -- are run against the
tarball).  Unfortunately, backporting that test infrastructure would
be a somewhat risky endeavor because so much in that area has changed.
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton