List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] sourceforge down
From:       Solomon Peachy <pizza () shaftnet ! org>
Date:       2018-03-09 11:43:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 09:19:09AM +0100, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> Probably it is worth reading all the mails in that thread
> because in the end I assume SANE developers have probably
> basically same requirements as Gutenprint developers and
> probably most other free software developers in general
> except binary releases which the SANE project does not do itself
> cf. "Binaries" at http://www.sane-project.org/source.html

It's basically the same conclusion we came to here; Github or Gitlab,
leaning towards GitLab due to its infrastructure being recreatable
locally (Free Software principles, and all that..)  The only pieces
missing are mailing lists (IMO essential) and possibly binary download
hosting.

I can easily host our mailing lists as they're fairly low volume. The
same goes for binary downloads and even the web site, if GH/GL's
capabilities turn out to be lacking for our needs.  (Sourceforge
provides export capabilities for subscriber lists and archives, yay!)

(I've had an internet-connected server running all of these services for
 well over a decade.  It's stable, except for the occasional
 hurricane-induced outage..)

IMO we really need to get our own domain though -- Unfortunately,
gutenprint.org is unavailable, but among the ones available are (in my
order of preference) gutenprint.net, gutenprint.io, and gutenprint.xyz.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^