List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Printer Driver
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-17 3:25:34

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Roy Sakata <jatrsh@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I purchased an HP Envy 5660.  I have a Mac version 10.6.8.  Downloading a
> driver for version 10.7 does not work ,incompatible.
> So the instructions sent me to you.  However I cannot see HP Envy 5660
> supported by your drivers?  Can you help me?

Hi Roy
Here is information from the HP forums, Google brings up plenty of
results, these should help you:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-ENVY-5660-and-Mac-OSX-10-6-8/td-p/4679888

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Need-HP-Envy-5660-printer-driver-for-Mac-OS-X-10-6-8/td-p/4815261

The printer language apparently is "HP PCL 3 enhanced", gutenprint
probably cannot help you as we have no-one working on the PCL driver
at the moment.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug