List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] driver for HP ENVY 5661?
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-12-15 11:32:16

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Ed Shideler <bshid1116@aol.com> wrote:
> Do you have a driver for the HP ENVY 5661? I have an old {7 years} Apple MacBook- OSX v. 10.6.8.

Hi Ed,
After some digging around on the HP site, it seems this all-in-one is
part of the 5640 / 5660 family which it appears have maybe the same
specs.
If so, then the printer works only with HP's PCL3 language.
Unfortunately, at gutenprint we do not currently have a maintainer for
the PCL driver. You can try it to see if it works, in monochrome only
I believe.

>From HP, you can use HPLIP from 3.14.10 onwards which has support. I
am not sure if you can install HPLIP on MacOSX at all though.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug