List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Can't find my printer on your list
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-12-07 13:51:03

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Tracy Williams
<tracy.williams@colorado-group.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just bought this printer and unfortunately am having trouble installing
> it.  Do you have HP Envy 5640 on you list? I could not see it.

I see from the specs it is Enhanced PCL3. Gutenprint currently has no
maintainer for the PCL driver, but you could try the existing
(unmaintainted) PCL driver (only black and white maybe).
HP does have linux support: their HLPIP software from version 3.14.10
supports it, so if you can install that version or later of HPLIP on
your system, support for the all-in-one functionality will be
available to you.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug