List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] OSX Yosemite
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-19 3:01:13

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 6:32 AM, Rakesh Solanki
<millaninteriors@icloud.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been using your drivers to use my Hp Photosmart P1000 printer but have fount \
> errors in printing since the Yosemite 10.10.3.

Hello Rakesh,

In gutenprint, the Photosmart P1000 uses the gutenprint PCL driver,
and this allows CMYK color printing (see references below).
Since gutenprint is a 3rd party driver, you will need to check how to
install such software in Yosemite, if that is the issue you are
experiencing (this feature appears since Mavericks).

> I am no longer able to print  but If I connect and install built in drivers I only \
> get Black and White prints. Any feedback will be much appreciated

I presume built-in drivers refers to something available out of the
box in MacOSX, but I have no idea what driver that might be.
I suggest you install gutenprint (5.2.10) according to the
instructions for 3rd party software, and then reinstall the printer to
make sure you are using the correct gutenprint PPD.

Reference:

src/xml/printer.xml:

<printer translate="name" name="HP PhotoSmart P1000"
deviceid="MFG:HEWLETT-PACKARD;MDL:PHOTOSMART P1000;DES:Hewlett-Packard
PhotoSmart P1000;CMD:MLC,PCL,PML;" driver="pcl-P1000"
manufacturer="HP" model="900" parameters="pcl_inkjet_params"
foomaticid="HP-PhotoSmart_P1000" />  <!-- Uses 900 series driver -->

src/main/print-pcl.c:

  /* Deskjet 900 series, 1220C, PhotoSmart P1000/P1100 */
  { 900,
    17 * 72 / 2, 14 * 72,
    1, 1,                               /* Min paper size */
    PCL_RES_150_150 | PCL_RES_300_300 | PCL_RES_600_600 /* |
PCL_RES_1200_600 | PCL_RES_2400_600 */,
    {3, 33, 18, 18},
    {5, 33, 10, 10},    /* Oliver Vecernik */
    PCL_COLOR_CMYK,
    PCL_PRINTER_DJ | PCL_PRINTER_NEW_ERG | PCL_PRINTER_TIFF |
PCL_PRINTER_MEDIATYPE |
      PCL_PRINTER_CUSTOM_SIZE | PCL_PRINTER_BLANKLINE | PCL_PRINTER_DUPLEX,
    dj600_papersizes,
    basic_papertypes,
    emptylist,
  },