List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] DCPL2540DW
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-12-24 11:27:46

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Ian Mah <idmah@primus.ca> wrote:
> Hey .. Thanks for this great program..
>
> Is there any support for the Brother DCPL2540DW..
> Or do any of the other Brother drivers work for the DCPL2540DW too??

Hello Ian,

Specs:
http://www.cnet.com/products/brother-dcp-l2540dw-multifunction-printer-b-w/specs/

Emulation: BR-Script 3, PCL 6, PostScript 3
Hence you could use a generic PS driver under linux. The
gutenprint-included PCL driver also may work but is not under
development so what does not work now will not currently be fixed.

Brother drivers:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=dcpl2540dw_us_as&os=128

See a review here:
"Finally, the Linux laptop. I simply had to download/install the .deb
packages from the Brother web-site for the Generic brother printer and
CUPS generic drivers."
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-DCPL2540DW-Wireless-Compact-Printer/product-reviews/B00MFG57ZK

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug