List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Dyesub driver needing YUV-formatted data..
From:       Solomon Peachy <pizza () shaftnet ! org>
Date:       2014-05-08 13:19:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 08:56:49AM -0400, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> This doesn't belong in the backend.  The backend should be about
> communication with the printer, not modification of the actual print
> data.  Think about the testing implications of this.

Sorry, I mispoke; I agree with you here.  I meant to say that I want to
add this to the gutenprint dyseub driver (ie print-olympus.c).  Putting
it in a backend (when one is not otherwise needed) would be silly.

> I think this should be post-5.2.10.

I won't be able to start working on this properly until next week, but I
don't think any of us anticipated the prolonged delay in getting 5.2.10
released.

So I've backed out the printers.xml entries for the CP820 and CP910, and
updated the NEWS to explicitly mention why those models aren't currently
supported.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^