List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Cannot create/write to a file from print-escp2.c	- the compilation results at
From:       Robert Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2012-10-31 12:51:08

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 20:07:48 +0800 (SGT), Rahmadi Trimananda wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I managed to put the messages from "configure", "make", and "make install" to the \
> files attached.
> Could anyone help me? So the issue is that after configuring, compiling and \
> installing Gutenprint 5.2.9,  I still see "v5.2.7" on top of the Gutenprint plugins \
> window on GIMP.
> I think this might be because of my previous installation that used the plugins \
> provided by  Ubuntu 11.10 that I've been using.
>
> Thank you and kind regards,

A couple of things you can try:

1) Force it to install in /usr, rather than /usr/local:

   configure --prefix=/usr

   This will overwrite the old libraries in /usr/lib or /usr/lib64.

2) Build the package static:

   configure --disable-shared
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congratulations MIT Engineers men's hoops Final Four!

--Eric Crampton