List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Couple of Bugs in Gutenprint 5.2.9 - Canon Pixma MG5350 driver
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-20 0:59:40

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 6:56 AM, David Cox <davecox2011@live.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
> First of all, I'd like to say that compiling and installing the latest
> Gutenprint drivers went very well, I use CUPS 1.4.6 on SalixOS and the
> ./configure, make clean, make, make install routine went without a hitch and
> didn't need any options or flags setting.
>
> However, there are a couple of small problems with the experimental Canon
> PIXMA MG5350 driver:

Hello David,
Glad you could find your way here from the CUPS lists!

> 1/.  Regardless of the paper source selected, paper always comes from rear
> tray and not the front cassette.  Only USB print tested, not yet tested with
> WiFi print.

I'm not sure if this is true: are you printing the CUPS test page?
Try printing a real page from an application and let me know what
happens. I recommend a webpage from the browser.

> 2/. The CUPS test print is missing the bottom border line on A4 setting (the
> only setting I've tested on).  I've tried to set paper size to "custom" and
> reduce height to 290mm, but this doesn't have an effect, and the paper size
> in default options gets set back to A4 anyway.

AFAIK, the CUPS test page is so broken it is useless for detailed
debugging. When I stopped using it, it ignored most options, so the
default ones of the driver get used instead. Turn up logging in CUPS
and see what gets passed to the driver.

> Apart from those 2 small bugs (that I can work around), wonderful effort -
> I'd be lost without you!  ;-)

You might find that the color calibration is off, there is not much we
can do about this right now unfortunately.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug