List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] xerox 6110mfp and mac os 10.8?
From:       Matt Broughton <walterwego () macosx ! com>
Date:       2012-10-19 23:31:10

On Oct 16, 2012, at 3:49 AM, Melanie H=FCbel <m.huebel@web.de> wrote:

> hi there, i bought a new mac book with os 10.8 and now cannot run my prin=
ter xerox phaser 6110mfp. has by accident gutenprint a solution for me alth=
ough the printer is not listed? or can you maybe give me another helpful hi=
nt? thanks a lot in advance! best regards, melanie

The specifications for this printer show that it uses a proprietary host ba=
sed driver.  Gutenprint does not have any drivers that will enable the prin=
ter to function.

I did, however, look on the Xerox site and found they had a driver for Mac =
OS X 10.7.  I installed that driver on Mac OS X 10.8 set up a virtual print=
er.  I was initially prompted to repair permissions for the software as it =
was "installed incorrectly".  Once I let it repair the permissions, the sof=
tware seemed to work fine -- at least for the printer.  While that does not=
 guarantee that it will work with the real printer, it is usually a good in=
dication that it will work.  I cannot make any comment on any other functio=
n of this device.

--
Matt Broughton
Only relatives are absolute