List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] trying to print on HP 656c via OS X (10.7.1)
From:       Matt Broughton <walterwego () macosx ! com>
Date:       2011-10-05 1:57:07

On Oct 3, 2011, at 3:04 AM, Adam Eitel wrote:

> I am desperately trying to find a way to print on an HP 656c via Gutenprint. I am \
> running a Macbook with OS X (10.7.1). It does not appear that HP 656c is one of the \
> supported printers, but I am hoping against hope that someone might know a trick or \
> two to help me out.

I do not see a perfect match in the list of supported printers.  You could try using \
a model such as the HP DeskJet 850.  The Draft quality resolution may not work or may \
not work properly, but it may get your printer working.

The other alternative would be to use the HPIJS drivers.  There are Mac OS X packages \
available for these.  Normally they are on the OpenPrinting.org site, but that site \
is still down.  I could transfer the necessary packages to you if you don't find a \
good Gutenprint match.

--
Matthew Broughton
Only relatives are absolute