List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] New mode "Color Correction". Whether it is
From:       "Dmitriy N. Chaplygin" <chapa75 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-02-17 9:12:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2011/2/17 Robert Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:04:59 +0300, Dmitriy N. Chaplygin wrote:
> >
> > *Day kind Robert and All!
> >
> > Whether there is a possibility to add a new mode "Color Correction"
> > which would be as RAW + Curves + TIL + (+ Gloss Separation in case
> > of R800-1800) ONLY, that is without the registration "Base Density",
> > "Channels Density".
> >
> > The matter is that IMHO at the press it is necessary and enough
> > presence of descriptions of curves, be they in paper.xml or in
> > printrc. Moreover, absence Density of parameters will be completely
> > compensated by presence of the description of the curves which upper
> > bound will be restriction channel Density. Thus, we can tell about
> > possibility completely instrumental calibration of process of the
> > print, and this process for account ArgyllCMS (Printcal) enough
> > simple, but thus the correct.
>
> That sounds like Raw color correction to me?

Thanks for the answer, Robert!
As far as I understand, in Raw color correction mode (RCCM) are not
perceived Curves and other parameters of correction of the hardware data.
For this reason I also wrote that it would be extremely useful to have RCCM,
but with usage of curves as it is unique true, and at the same time the
simple decision for linearization correction together with
perChanelInkLimits.

However, I made experiments with usage linearization curves inside "printrc"
(GimpPrintPlugin core). Perhaps, if them will implement in paper.xml they to
be considered in RCCM?

--
Yours faithfully,
Dmitriy Chaplygin.