List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] Epson 3880
From:       Robert Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2010-12-19 2:55:57

I've greatly improved the tuning of the 3880 (and assume that the
4880, 7880, 9880, and 11880 use the same tuning.

I've also corrected the media definitions for the Stylus Pro x880
printers to match those of the Stylus Photo 2880 (Ultrachrome K3 with
vivid magenta), and likewise the x800 printers to match those of the
Stylus Photo 2400 (Ultrachrome K3).

I have *not* corrected the density tuning of the x800 printers because
I can't test them, but it's very likely that the settings for the x880
printers will work well for the x800 printers.  Does anyone have a
3800 or 4800 (or one of the other x800) printers that they'd like to
test it on?

I know this means major changes to these printers during a point
release cycle, which we don't like to do, and I suppose I could be
talked out of it, but it really produces dramatically better quality.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton