List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] adding support for Canon PIXMA MP800
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-15 5:19:51

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Sascha Sommer <saschasommer@freenet.de> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the ongoing help, I'll be delighted once I understand it
all. Need to read the pixma_parse code in more detail tonight.

>> OK. So what about the "8" or "16" for lines per block? The value is
>> there in canon-printers, but did not make a difference as far as I
>> could tell in the output regardless of which setting I chose. Does it
>> have any meaning for gutenprint, or is it merely informative (use
>> reserved in future?)?
>
> The multiline mode can be enabled with CANON_CAP_I it is used then.

OK, activated it & it seems to work (see output below). So the
<letter> corresponds to the ESC/P command.

>> > Try:
>> > static const canon_inkset_t canon_22_C3M3Y2K2k3_c_phtoblack_inkset[] = {
>> /../
>> >        {'k',1.0,&canon_2b_3l_c_ink},
>> /../
>> > };
>>
>> OK, done that /../
>
> Did you also set the normal Black 'K' to 0.0. I think the selection between
> the two does not work correctly.

Ack! Yes, big mistake, sorry. Corrected! .... But, no difference,
still no originally black text when I select "CMY Color" and 600x600
mode.

But the print file shows that the inkset is working

> Can't you change that in the printer settings? Color Model: CMY and it should
> print black text with the CMY inks afair.

Yes, I tried all combinations available (except inverted greyscale).

Below one page printjob analysed with pixma_parse. Shows the dye-based
black should be selected, and also CANON_CAP_I appears to be working
(colors sent are not same as for Windows, those were 1 line of K
followed by 4 lines of CMKY).

Any more comments most welcome. I am not sure how to debug further
(not knowing what exactly the problem might be).

------- parsing the printjob -------
ESC [K go to command mode
 BJLSTART
 ControlMode=Common
 SetSilent=OFF
 BJLEND
ESC [K go to command mode
 BJLSTART
 ControlMode=Common
 PEdgeDetection=ON
 BJLEND
ESC [K reset printer
ESC (b set data compression (len=1): 1
ESC (q set page id (len=1):1
ESC (d set raster resolution (len=4): 600 x 600
ESC (t set image cnt 69
 bit_info: using detailed color settings for max 22 colors
 format: BJ indexed color image format
 Color C Compression: 1 bpp 2 level 3
 Color M Compression: 1 bpp 2 level 3
 Color Y Compression: 0 bpp 1 level 2
 Color K Compression: 0 bpp 1 level 2
 Color c Compression: 0 bpp 0 level 0
 Color m Compression: 0 bpp 0 level 0
 Color y Compression: 0 bpp 0 level 0
 Color k Compression: 1 bpp 2 level 3
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
 Color ignoring setting 0 0 0
ESC (c set media (len=3):
 model id 3 bw 0 media 0 direction 0 quality 2
ESC (p set extended margin (len=46):
 printed length 812 left 0
 printed width 576 top 0
 unknown 0
 unit 600 [1/in]
 area_right 83 3.5 mm
 area_top 125 5.3 mm
 area_width 4791 202.8 mm
 area_length 6766 286.4 mm
 paper_right 0 0.0 mm
 paper_top 0 0.0 mm
 paper_width 4958 209.9 mm
 paper_length 7016 297.0 mm
ESC (P UNKNOWN (len=4)
 0x0 0x3 0x0 0x0
ESC (l select paper loading (len=3):
 model id 0x3  source 0x3 media: 0 paper gap: 0
ESC (r printer specific command (len=1): 0x64
ESC (I select data transmission (len=1): multi raster
ESC (J select number of raster lines per block (len=1): 16
ESC (L set component order for F raster command (len=4): KCMY
-->Form Feed
ESC (b set data compression (len=1): 0
ESC @ Return to neutral mode
-------- finished parsing   --------
created bit image with width 4792 height 6768
dots: 0

Best regards,
Gernot
--