List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] dodge/burn confusion
From:       Robert Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2010-05-06 23:50:02

   From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@gmail.com>
   Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 19:15:55 -0400

   Why am I seeing just the neutral density, and not the direct
   scaling down according to the original contrast & colors presence?
   This should be an effect that starts at peak white, and simply,
   pixel by pixel, multiplies the diff between 255 and that pixels
   brightness, on a per color basis, to simply add additional exposure
   to the print in those areas that I select and wave a selected
   circle over using the mouse's circle as if it were the hole in the
   paper between the enlargers lens and the print being exposed?

You'd have to ask the GIMP folks, but one thing you might want to try
is doing it in HSL space.  One of the options for decompose in 2.6 is
HSL; do the dodging or burning in on the L channel.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton