List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] Canon iX4000 way too dark
From:       Konstantin Kletschke <konsti () ku-gbr ! de>
Date:       2010-02-18 10:22:50

Hello!

I hope this place is right to address my Problem with this printer,
otherwise pointing me to the right destination is apprechiated.

I have a Canon iX4000 conncted

<Printer Canon_iX4000>
Info Canon iX4000
Location Wohnzimmer
MakeModel Canon PIXMA iX4000 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.4
DeviceURI usb://Canon/iX4000
State Idle
StateTime 1254578950
Type 45084
Filter application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -
Filter application/vnd.cups-raster 100 rastertogutenprint.5.2
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
</Printer>

and it prints way too dark, in Color and Black&White prints. I am not
experienced in handling printers but it looks like it does black with
its black cardridge and the colors additionally by accident when it only
should use one or the other.

What can I do to find out the problem and debug a solution?

Kind Regards, Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF