List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] With the new Gimp-Gutenprint 5.2 borderless
From:       Holger Wagemann <holger.wagemann () t-online ! de>
Date:       2009-03-15 10:31:54

>    thanks for your information. When it is a "bug" in gutenprint
>    5.0.2, that allows borderless printing with HP Photosmart, then the
>    printer hardware support this, and it seems, there is an issue with
>    the ppd file.
>
>    HP's advertising for the features of HP Photosmart D7260 contains
>    also "borderless printing", I've read some test reports about this
>    printer, which also mentoned this feature, this is one of the
>    reasons, why I've bought this printer.
>
> This is most likely an HPIJS issue, since the PPD file was from that
> project.  That will need to be answered by that team.

Hi Robert,

I also think, the driver, in this case the
HP-PhotoSmart_d7200_Series-hpijs.ppd, should be modificated.

It's a little bit funny, that just a bug in gimp-gutenprint 5.0.2 supports a
feature of my printer, the ppd file doesn't.

Until modification of the hpijs-ppd file I benefit from that "bug" and let the
gutenprint stuff to version 5.0.2.

Thanks for your helpfulness.

@David Suffield,
the HPLIP project is a great one, because a lot of Printing, Faxing and
Scanning hardware of your company is supported with it under Linux. I'm very
glad with that project, this is the main reason, why I've here only HP
Printers, a Laserjet 1300, a Deskjet 5550 and a Photosmart D7260. I hope, all
the hpijs-ppd files of that printers, which supports borderless
foto-printing, will be modificated.

Thank you for your support.

With best regards,
  Holger