List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Modify or Customise Epson Driver
From:       "Andy Yew" <kiatairbrush () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-21 1:42:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Todd,

sorry for the late reply!

As for the sat/value of the corresponding C and M in Lc and Lm channels
respectively, I would rather prefer to have the Lc/Lm channels printing the
same data as in K (black). That means Lc will print what K channel will
print, and Lm will repeat what Lc does. With this I'll get "double" layers
of K channel via Lc and Lm channels.

Allow me to summarize a little the scenario....

Initially, Lc and Lm channels will print out same data as K channel will
print (in the GIMP editor, i'll output an image in grayscale). Lc print out
image/shades as if it's printing black and white image using black ink, and
Lc channel will be loaded with my own printable chemical. Side by side, Lm
will printout the same data as Lc (or K) channel does, same dot
size/saturation/position/dithering, just like repeating what Lc does. Until
now, C, M, Y and K channels did not printout any dot yet (as they're loaded
with other chemical)

Then, the image will be loaded into the inkjet (using "modified" loading
mechanism) so that the next image/layer of chemical will be printed onto.
This is where C, M, Y and K channels will print. These 4 channels will get
data from a "color" image (CMYK images from Gimp editor). I will make sure
the reloading mechanism is fairly accurate, which is not a problem to me
here.

Hope to hear from you guys real soon!

Thanks!!
Andy