List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Problem with brightness control (on Canon
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2007-07-26 11:39:06

   Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:22:17 +0100
   From: Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@gmail.com>

   See

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gutenprint/+bug/128428

   User writes:

   Running gThumb, try to print a photo, File>Print>Print, select my iP5000
   smb network printer, select the Advanced tab, select any value for the
   Brightness control, Print.
   Resulting printer output is white where photo was white, and black
   EVERYWHERE else.

That sounds like a generic bug.  I'll have to look into it.

   If I don't select any value for the Brightness control the printer
   output is correct by too light.

Try increasing density (if black is too light) or reducing gamma (if
black is OK, but intermediate tones are too light) instead.

   This seems still to be a problem also in the newest Gutenprint as the
   user observes the problem also in Gutsy.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton