List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] [printing-driver] Driver development
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2007-07-24 23:32:40

   Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:18:31 +0200
   From: Antonio Nevado <anevado@ieec.uned.es>

   I guess I must write a rastertolexmarkz640.c -or so. I've been looking
   at rastertoepson.c and what I'm wondering now is where I can find
   information of the behavior of my device -commands, etc. Would it be
   useful an USB sniffer on Windows?, and, is there another possibility?

The other thing you might do is write a Gutenprint driver.  We already
support a number of Lexmark inkjet printers, so that might give you a
starting point.  Feel free to subscribe to
gimp-print-devel@lists.sourceforge.net (which you can do from
sourceforge.net).

You probably don't need an all-out USB sniffer for this purpose; if
you can print to a file from the Windows driver, you can probably get
enough information.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net