List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] How do I use an ICC profile?
From:       "Robert M. Albrecht" <romal () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-07-13 15:37:21

Hi,

printer drivers (MacOS or Linux does not matter) do not use
icc-profiles, applications do.

The data needs to be "corrected" before sending to the printer. So you
need to load your icc-profile into Vuescan, Gimp or Photoprint.

The printer-driver does not know how to correct the data, relative,
absolut, ... what should the driver do with colors outside the printable
range ? This questions must be answered in the application.

cu romal