List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Stylus photo 830u and 5.0.0.99.1
From:       Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2007-03-08 21:36:58

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:39:04PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 11:41:54AM -0500, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
> >    Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 16:38:40 +0000
> >    From: Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop@ntlworld.com>
> >
> >    my 830u still doesn't like this - trying to print a borderless
> >    photo on A4 paper using the gimp print plugin, it ejects the first
> >    sheet of paper, waits a little, then sounds as if it is printing
> >    (for perhaps 10 or 15 seconds, I didn't time it), then I hear a
> >    sound like the roller being moved to the next line, then silence -
> >    the green LED continues to blink, cups thinks the job is still
> >    printing, nothing in the logs.
> >
> >    I'm not sure if I've got any time for testing (or for keeping up
> >    with the list) in the next few days, but let me know if there's
> >    anything specific I should do.
> >
> > Does it work in non-borderless mode?

 Right, I've now built a fresh system, backed it up, and installed
5.0.0.99.1.

 Printing non-borderless from the gimp printed the page itself
without problems, but the printer then hung with its green LED
flashing and cups reported it was still printing.  In the end I had
to power-cycle the printer.

 Printing text does seem to work ok.  On the cups test print from
.99.1 the top line is at the top, the bottom 4mm are blank and I can
just see the tips of the bottom eighth markers, and the side lines
all show, but set about 3mm from the edge of the page.  This is with
the default 'Shrink Page If Necessary...: shrink' setting.

Ken