List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Hopefully final snapshot
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2007-03-03 14:18:32

   Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:38:16 +0100 (CET)
   From: "Lorenzo M. Catucci" <lorenzo@sancho.ccd.uniroma2.it>

   Perfect margins, both with Borderless=Yes and with Borderless=No;
   tested Print qualities/resolutions: Economy/180x360, Draft/360x360,
   Standard/360x720,High/720x720, Photo/1440x720,SuperPhoto/1440x1440.
   You sure can call the day on the margin handling battle!

Thanks.  We should be in good shape now.  I just tested it on my R300
(which is a 120 DPI vertical resolution printer) and it also worked
fine at 360x120 and 360x240 DPI.

   I don't know if you overlooked, or deliberated about ignoring the
   printer maintenance commands coming out of CUPS web interface
   ("Clean Print Heads" and "Print Self-Test Page"), but I see they
   stay in the queue as "stopped", and in cups error_log I see the
   command files got fed to pstops, and later rejected as not being
   ADSC postscript...

I'm not sure where those commands come from.

   P.S. I got perfect results with the 20070226 snapshot on a Stylus 760 at
	 work.

There's no issue on printers not capable of borderless printing.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton