List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] printing problems
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2006-08-31 22:41:29

   Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:34:57 +0200
   From: "Olivier Lecarme" <ol@olecarme.homelinux.net>

   > That's actually Premium Glossy you're printing on (not some other
   > glossy paper)?

   Yes indeed. Epson Premium Glossy Paper.

Given that black wasn't printing, I'm not surprised things look ugly.

   >    When I choose the "Output" tab and then clck the "Adjust Output"
   >    button, only four output channels are shown, i.e. the two light
   >    colors are missing. Moreover, the Cyan channel is entirely
   >    blank. Is all this normal?

   > It should only show four channels -- it isn't showing the physical ink
   > channels, it's showing the standard CMYK channels.

   OK. And it occurs that the Cyan channel for this precise picture is
   completely void.

I'll have to try to reproduce that.

   > Looking at the shot, I'm guessing that one of your inks isn't
   > printing.  Try printing a test pattern (turn the power off, hold
   > down the paper feed button, and while holding the button down,
   > turn the printer on).  I'm guessing that your dark magenta ink
   > isn't printing.

   You were partially right: in fact, the black ink was not printing!
   Now I get a much better result, although it'is still too dark and
   too green with regards to what appears on my screen. Is there
   somewhere an explanation about the dialog you get when clicking
   "adjust Output" in the "Output" tab? And why are most of the
   controls grayed out? I suppose it's where I should change something
   in order to get a better result.

Yes, the user's manual explains what each of the controls does.  The
controls that are grayed out have a checkbox next to them that will
enable them.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net