List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Canon PIXMA/PIXUS and MULTIPASS printers
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2006-08-30 11:15:14

   From: Sascha Sommer <saschasommer@freenet.de>
   Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:57:45 +0200
   Cc: gimp-print-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

   On Wednesday 30 August 2006 00:58, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   >    From: Sascha Sommer <saschasommer@freenet.de>
   >    Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:17:51 +0200
   >
   >    as some of you might have noticed, I just added support for the
   >    following printers: PIXMA iP3000,iP4200,iP5000,iP5200 and MULTIPASS
   >    MP150.  I don't own these printers. I'm therefore not sure if we
   >    need to apply some more fixes.
   >
   > All we can do is wait for the feedback.
   >
   >    The biggest problem with the newer printers still remains: The
   >    colors are completely wrong. Cyan looks more like blue etc. It
   >    would be nice if someone who is a bit more into printer tuning and
   >    owns such a printer could try to adjust the defaults a bit so we
   >    can at least use them for office printing.
   >
   > The HSL adjustment isn't that hard to do, if you have a printer
   > handy.  Do you understand in a general sense how the HSL correction
   > works?

   I already played with this sometime ago, but now I'm short of ink
   and I would like to avoid many printouts.

Unfortunately, other than good guesswork, you're not going to be able
to avoid this.  Rather than printing a whole page, you can probably do
it with much smaller prints.  When I'm doing this, I usually print at
20% size, which lets me get 25 or 30 small images (5 or 6 rows) on one
sheet of paper.  Then I'll print larger when I want to verify the
output.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net