List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] PhotoPrint 0.2.9 now available.
From:       "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive () fakenhamweb ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-08-28 13:48:22

Hi,

Till Kamppeter wrote:

> - Set image mask
>    o Cannot turn it off

Yep, I need to add a "Remove mask" option...

>    o Photoprint crashes when input line in file selection dialog empty

Thanks - I'll hunt that one down and fix it.

>    o Preview in file selection dialog would be nice

Yep, good idea.  I'll have to learn a bit more about GTK+ first though...

> - In the RPM I have put the borders into
>   /usr/share/photoprint/borders and profiling kit into
>   /usr/share/photoprint/ProfilingKit. Would be nice if borders and

OK.

>   profiling kit are part of main package and easily accessible, for
>   example "Set image mask" file selection dialog points directly to
>   /usr/share/photoprint/borders and menu entries to print the

I've made them separate packages for the time being because they're not
small files, and they change much less frequently than the main program.
  Making them directly accessible from within photoprint is a good idea
though...

>   calibration images and choosing appropriate settings (no color
>   correction, ...) automatically, and printing printer model and
>   setttings also onto the page.

Hmmm, intersting ideas...  This needs some thought, interface-wise.  The
printer setup page needs a "Reset to defaults" button anyway, so perhaps
a "Suitable defaults for profiling" option in the same place.

I'm not sure about printing the model and settings on the same page
though - for some printers the settings might not fit!

I also need to come up with a way of rasterising text (since Gutenprint
is just fed a flat image - so PostScript isn't available) but I want to
do that anyway to add captioning capabilities...

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson