List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] BUG: "draft" on Epson Stylus C64
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2005-08-23 11:17:03

   From: Alan Jenkins <sourcejedi@gmail.com>
   Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:02:24 +0100

   I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me.

   # rpm -q libgimpprint
   libgimpprint-4.2.7-7.1

   Using the draft printout mode, output is vertically compressed, so
   that an A4 page which should be ~297mm is printed as ~197mm, a
   ratio of 2:3.  After ~197mm, the page is covered in (draft quality)
   black.  On my setup the black extends all the way to the left of
   the page, and 2mm from the right.  The way some detail is missing
   (e.g. the central horizontal line in all instances of the character
   'e' on some lines of text) suggests that the problem is that some
   lines are skipped, possibly every ~2mm on the page; however the
   skipped lines are definitely under 1mm in height.

   Any suggestions? Is this a known problem?

This isn't a known problem.  Can you reproduce it with Gutenprint
5.0.0-beta4? (which you can download from
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net)?

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net