List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Some calibration help please. [Epson R1800]
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2005-08-20 23:54:54

   From: Jim Powers <rancor@mindspring.com>
   Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:31:37 -0400

   On Saturday 20 August 2005 05:14 pm, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   >    From: Jim Powers <rancor@mindspring.com>
   >    Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:06:23 -0400
   >
   >    (I assume that good results were being achieved on R800's with
   >    these settings).  Now the neutral settings are not perfect, but not
   >    far off from perfect.  The original values were producing a very
   >    strong green/yellow cast to the images.
   >
   >    Now this means either:
   >
   >    1. The R1800 will need its own adjustment tables separate from the R800,
   or
   >    2. My printer (R1800) is uniquely disposed to producing a yellow/green
   cast to
   >    images, which would suck
   >
   > Or it could mean that the light you're using is very different from
   > the light I'm using.

   Now this may be, but I have been looking at the output under varying light:

   - Where the printer is located I have compact fluorescent lights
   that tend to yellow-green cast stuff in general.  I usually do not
   use this as a reference.

   I take the output to a room (my dining room) with bright
   incandescent lights, or outside.  Also I have some halogen lights
   in my kitchen that produce a pretty white light.  Under all of
   these conditions the original settings are clearly yellow/green
   skewed.

This is with the latest snapshot on sourceforge.net (08/15 or
thereabouts)?

How does it compare to printing in "black and white" (which uses the
black ink only)?

Also, are you located in the US or elsewhere?  It's possible that the
inks are different in different countries.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton