List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] Re: Shifted printing with Gimp
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2005-01-18 13:39:22

   Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:29:57 +0100
   From: serge bouc <serge.bouc@free.fr>

   Robert L Krawitz a écrit :

   >So in general the left border is 1/2 of what you'd expect?  So if you
   >ask for a 12 cm border you'll get 6 cm?

   Yes. So this would only be the matter of an easy computation,
   except that depending on the total width of the picture, I cannot
   set any border I would like to (because <border+picture width > has
   to be smaller than the paper width !).

   >What print resolution are you using?

   I have tried 360ppp, 360ppp unidirectional, 720x360ppp and 720ppp.
   The result is always the same.

   Also, I noticed another (strange ?) fact : when I try to print a
   large picture, when the print window opens, the picture is not
   correctly placed inside the print frame (the frame representing the
   paper sheet, with the small vertical arrow) : the picture is
   shifted to the ...right, and cut outside the frame. Everything
   becomes OK if I click on the button on the bottom right "use the
   original picture size" (I am sorry, this maybe a wrong translation
   from the french version of Gimp I use). I could attach a
   screenshot, but I don't know if it is possible (or welcome) on this
   mailing list.

Strange.  Yes, please send me a screenshot.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton