List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Thank you Robert and Colleagues
From:       Gene Heskett <gene.heskett () verizon ! net>
Date:       2004-12-24 16:43:57

On Friday 24 December 2004 11:09, Richard A Downing FBCS CITP wrote:
>As another year draws to a close I thought it was appropriate to say
>*Thank You* to the Gimp-Print team.  I couldn't use my Canon
> BJC-7000 under Linux without you, and my photographs print very
> well indeed.
>
>I've also noticed that, unlike many lists, support questions here
>generally get serious, and quick, responses.   Well done.
>
>R.

I hate to be a copycat (but I am frequently) but I have to say it too.
Many thanks for these two great programs.

The Gimp-2.0 and Gutenprint-05.0beta2, did the photos on the face of
my Christmas card this year, and those that received them were
suitably awed by the quality of the reproduction, wanting to know
what company did them for me.  When they were told I did it with
linux and the 'gimp', on a hundred dollar printer, the eyebrows went
up another 10mm.  I didn't tell them they were 20 minutes in the
printer per page for both sides though...

So to the whole crew, a very Merry Christmas wish from the Heskett
household.  Thanks a whole bunch.  I couldn't have even dreamed of
doing it without your dilligent, and patient efforts on our behalf.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)