List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] Ink level reporting on R300
From:       "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive () fakenhamweb ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-11-27 17:47:04

Hi,

I've just been playing with the Windows driver for my R300, running off
a Profile Prism calibration sheet for comparison with GutenPrint's results.

Anyway, when I printed I was instantly contronted by a window screaming
about low ink levels, and the meter on Windows seems to read the ink
levels differently from escputil.

The values read from the Windows driver, and escputil are approximately
as follows:

Colour:   Windows:   Escputil:
Bk        25         27
C         30         34
c         15         22
M         20         17
m         19         11
Y         10         25

THe windows readings are of course only approximate, since they were
read from the little tank icons...

Anyway, it looks as though the values themselves are correct, but being
attributed to the wrong ink tanks:  I think Escputil is presenting the
colours in the order:
   K C M Y c m
While the values themselves (for this printer) seem to be in the order;
   K C c M m Y

The command line I'm using is this:
escputil -i -u -r /dev/usblp0

BTW - I've had my first prints from the GUI version of PhotoPrint today,
and I hope to have enough loose ends tied up to do a new release tonight
or tomorrow.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson